Accreditation as a CMatP will give you recognition, not only amongst your peers, but within the materials engineering industry at large, as an engineer who maintains professional integrity, keeps up to date with developments in technology and strives for continued personal development.
There are now nearly 200 Certified Materials Professionals who lead activities within Materials Australia. These activities include heading special interest group networks, representation on Standards Australia Committees, and representing Materials Australia at international conferences and society meetings.
Our CMatP Committee
- Alan Hellier (National Membership Chair) - NSW
- Roger Lumley - VIC
- Schree Chandran - WA
- Stuart Folkard - WA
- Michael Chan - QLD
Benefits of Becoming a CMatP
- Each CMatP will receive a Certificate of Membership
- A Certified Materials Professional can use the post nominal CMatP
- CMatPs will be promoted through Materials Australia Magazine and other media channels.
- Materials Australia will actively promote the CMatP status to the community and employers and internationally through our partner organisations.
- A CMatP may be requested to represent Materials Australia throughout Australia and overseas with Government, Media and other important activities.
- A CMatP may be offered an opportunity as a Mentor for Student members.
- Network directly with other CMatPs who have recognised levels of qualifications and experience.
- Take the Leadership role in their Special Interest Networks assist in the facilitation of new knowledge amongst peers and members.
Should you wish to become a Certified Materials Professional, costs will be as follows:
Already a Materials Australia Individual Member?
- You can upgrade via the members only area of the website using the "Upgrade to CMatP" link
- You will pay a once off initial application fee of $50.00
- Once approved, your yearly Materials Australia Membership will change from $240.00 per annum standard membership to $290.00 per annum CMatP membership for as long as the CMatP accreditation is actively held.
Not a Material Australia Individual Member?
- Once off initial application fee of $50.00 in addition to the current annual CMatP membership fee.
- Yearly Materials Australia Membership of $290.00 per annum for as long as the CMatP accreditation is actively held.